To facilitate review, and discussion, please provide the Committee Chair with the following:
- Identify Sponsor: In this case: Either a single, or multiple Town Boards, Dept. Heads, or Officials.
- Identify Contact Person(s): Please include name, email, and/or tel. numbers. Moving forward, the Committee Chair will initiate communications with this designee.
- Identify proposed change or addition
- For Bylaw revision: Current Bylaw number, and Section(s)affected;and specific language change(s)
- For new Bylaw: State specific language
- Recommended is Sponsor consideration of the following questions referencing proposal impacts. Please note that similar questions are likely to be asked on Town Meeting floor. Our experience tells us that addressing these issues aids your preparation, our review, and support for your proposal on Town Meeting floor.
- Identify reason(s) for revision or addition.
- Will the proposal address the problems identified?
- Does your proposal conflict with other present General Bylaws?
- Who is impacted? Residents? Town Departments, Boards, Commissions?
- Who is responsible for implementation, and/or enforcement? Is this a change?
- Are there operational costs associated with the revision or addition?
- Are there new or additional permit or inspectional fees?**
- Are there new or additional penalties for non-compliance?**
** Committee approval requires compliance with current Bylaws. New or additional fees or penalties require Town Boards, Commissions, Department Heads, and Officer compliance with Bylaw 6-18 –Fees, Sections 4A, B, C; Section 5.