View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
How to Reach Us
Welcome to the John Curtis Free Library
Welcome to the John Curtis Free Library. Our mission is to meet the informational, educational, and recreational needs and interests of the citizens of Hanover. We invite you and your family to use the Library and its more than 74,000 books; 2,600 videos; 8,000 audio and video titles, and 100 magazine subscriptions; downloadable products (including eBooks, and audiobooks, music, and video); reference databases; computers for Internet access and Microsoft Office products; museum passes; and historical resources to assist you with genealogical research - and much more.
John Curtis Free Library can easily access the resources of 28 other area libraries through our participation in the OCLN network as well as materials available throughout the state with our access to Massachusetts' Commonwealth Catalog. Check our calendar for programming for all ages, including story hours for children and educational and entertaining events year-round. We look forward to serving you.
- Free computer usage, use any computer that says “available” and log in with your library card. If you do not have a library card, you may get a guest pass at the adult circulation desk.
- Faxing is available for $1.00 per page.
- Printing is done on a central computer. .20 cents per b&w and .30 cents for color.
- Free wireless internet access is available to those who wish to bring a laptop or mobile device. To connect to our network, choose "WLAN" or "JohnCurtisPublic". Photocopier is available.
- Valid library card must be presented to check out any item, including museum passes.
534 Hanover Street, Hanover, MA 02339
- Virginia Johnson, Director
- Lynne Campbell, Children’s Librarian
- Interlibrary Loan and Library Inquiries
- General Inquiries
|Monday||10 AM - 8 PM|
|Tuesday||1 PM - 8 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM - 8 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Friday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|