The Friends of the John Curtis Library is a group of library volunteers who work together to raise funds to support and enhance library services in Hanover. Proceeds from the Friends’ fundraisers pay for passes to local area museums and zoos, as well as a number of special events and programs for adults and children.
Your donations allow us to enhance many library services:
- Passes purchased for the New England Aquarium, the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston, Mystic Aquarium, the South Shore Natural Science Center, and Zoo New England
- Thousands of dollars worth of programming allocated each year for adults to include concerts and author talks
- Thousands of dollars worth of programming allocated each year for children to include puppet shows, animal programs, and Spanish classes
- New resources acquired like improved seating in the large gathering room and the Wii game for teens
- New collections are assembled, such as the Skill Set kits
Become a Friend
You can join online, download a membership form and join by mail, or sign up in person at the library. If you are unable to help out with any of the Friends’ events, your membership dues are greatly appreciated and help the library.
Membership is valid until December of the current year and renewable January 1 of the following year.
- Individual $10
- Family $25
- Sponsor $50
- Patron $100
- Benefactor $500
To join or renew your membership by mail, please download a Friends of John Curtis Free Library Membership Form. Forms are also available at the adult circulation desk.
Thank you for supporting the John Curtis Free Library!