View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Problem: Unsuitability of 1927 Sylvester School for on-going use as a school building.
Solution: With assistance of state aid from the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA), build an addition to the Center School to incorporate students from Sylvester School(Redevelopment of Sylvester School to be determined).
- 4/18/13 Town submits Statement of Interest to MSBA describing poor conditions at Sylvester School.
- 9/26/13 Visit by MSBA Senior Study Committee.
- 1/29/14 MSBA invites Town to enter into their 270 day Eligibility Period. [MSBA Letter]
- 4/22/14 MSBA approves composition of Center/Sylvester School Building Committee.
- 5/6/14 Annual Town Meeting passes Article 48 appropriating $500,000 for MSBA mandated Feasibility Study. [Article 48 May 2014 Town Meeting]
Tasks Ahead: Completion of MSBA requirements for Eligibility Period, then enter Feasibility Study Phase.