The Town of Hanover is dedicated to protecting our residents and especially our youths from becoming addicted to nicotine. We also want to increase the knowledge about the facts of vaping and smoking and the harm it may cause. We hope you find this website useful for education and prevention.
- Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products
- Protect Kids: Fight Flavored E-cigs
- Get Outraged! - A great resource for parents and school personnel
- My Life My Quit - A great resource for just for teens
- The Clearinghouse (Massachusetts Department of Public Health)
Schools can order materials to hand out to students and parents. The organization offers free “mirror” clings that contain information on the dangers of vaping. The mirror clings can be affixed to bathroom mirrors in the schools. All materials are free.
- Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program
- Quitworks - Free, evidence based stop smoking service
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Smoking and Tobacco use, quitting methods and resources, etc.
- American Lung Association
- Massachsuetts Governor Charlie Baker Declares Public Health Emergency, Announces Temporary Four-Month Ban on Sale of All Vape Products, September 24, 2019
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency: More Information About the Massachusetts Vaping Ban
- The Dangers of Vaping - Exit 13, Episode 2, Hanover Community Television
- Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program: 617-624-5900
- Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline: 800-784-8669
- Information and Complaint line about violations of state tobacco control laws: 800-992-1895
- Information and Complaint line regarding smoke-free housing: 877-830-8795
South Shore Tobacco Coordinator
Hanover, Norwell, Pembroke, Rockland and Weymouth
Phone: 781-826-5000, ext. 1038