In the autumn of 1928, Mrs. Luther Lapham, (nee Harriet Eels) of Hanover Four Corners began to work on the idea of a visiting Nurse Association for the Town. With the concurrence of other interested persons, she enlisted the aid of the Selectmen and on January 15, 1929, a meeting was held in the Town Hall for the purpose of organizing such a group. It was the beginning of the Hanover Visiting Nurse Association. The objectives set forth were," To promote health, individual and community, to prevent disease, and to provide nursing care for the sick in their homes". That was 86 years ago.