Center/Sylvester School Building Committee
Problem: Unsuitability of 1927 Sylvester School for on-going use as a school building.
Solution: With assistance of state aid from the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA), build an addition to the Center School to incorporate students from Sylvester School(Redevelopment of Sylvester School to be determined).
- 4/18/13 Town submits Statement of Interest to MSBA describing poor conditions at Sylvester School.
- 9/26/13 Visit by MSBA Senior Study Committee.
- 1/29/14 MSBA invites Town to enter into their 270 day Eligibility Period. [MSBA Letter]
- 4/22/14 MSBA approves composition of Center/Sylvester School Building Committee.
- 5/6/14 Annual Town Meeting passes Article 48 appropriating $500,000 for MSBA mandated Feasibility Study. [Article 48 May 2014 Town Meeting]
Tasks Ahead: Completion of MSBA requirements for Eligibility Period, then enter Feasibility Study Phase.
Sylvester/Salmond School Redevelopment Committee
January 12, 2017 (All day)
Color Subcommittee Meeting Agenda - 1/11/17
January 11, 2017 (All day)
School Building Committee Agenda
December 14, 2016 - 7:00pm
October 13 Meeting Agenda
October 13, 2016 - 7:00pm
April 25th Agenda
April 25, 2016 - 7:00pm