Proposed Torrey Brook Footbridge
The Hanover Open Space Committee is proposing to improve access to over 100 acres of public land. Over 3 miles of existing walking trails in South Hanover will become more accessible to residents. The new foot bridge will replace an existing makeshift foot bridge making it easier and safer to access trails through a public right of way located across from Pocahontas Lane and between the properties at #67 and #83 Samoset Drive.
Click here to view the Student Conservation Association (SCA) Americorps Application for this project.
Greenway Project Report
This report was prepared by the Open Space Committee which details the Committee's ongoing effort to develop a Town-wide greenway trail/network.
Click here to view a map of the developing Hanover Greenway and photographs along the trail.
Open Space Plan
The Open Space Committee is hoping to develop a new Open Space & Recreation Plan (OSRP) in 2016/17 with funding provided by the Community Preservation Committee and Town Meeting.
- Trail Locator Map
- Chapman's Landing and Iron Mine Brook Trails
- Colby-Phillips Trails
- Current Projects
- Denham Pond Trails
- Enjoying Hanover Open Space
- Fireworks Trails
- Folly Hill and Bog Iron Trails
- Forge Pond and French's Stream Trails
- Indian Head River and Luddam's Ford Park Trails
- Information About Preserving Your Land
- Melzar Hatch Wildlands Trust (Cross Country) Trails
- Open Space & Historic Areas 2014 Obverse
- Open Space & Historic Areas 2014 Reverse
- Open Space & Recreation Plan
- Open Space Photos
- Philllips Sanctuary & Firehouse Loop Trails
- Plain Street and Pine Island Trails
- Rules and Regulations for Hanover Open Space Conservation Land
- Senior Center, Nava-Stasiluk & Tindale Bog Trails
- Torrey Bridge Application to SCA Americorps
- | List of Trails, 2009
- | Open Space & Trails Map, 2009