View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
The Sylvester building has served Hanover for almost 90 years but it is no longer a suitable educational facility for many reasons. The purpose of the Sylvester School Redevelopment Committee is to study the need and feasibility of potential reuses of the Sylvester School, and recommend findings to the Board of Selectmen. The Committee will serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Selectmen.
The Committee will
- Develop an understanding of the buildings current characteristics and other relevant issues related to its reuse.
- Develop and implement a process for input and communication with the public and local government bodies.
- Submit a final report to the Selectmen which includes: options and recommendations, cost estimates and/or revenue potential, funding sources, benefits to the Town, and recommended timeline.
The Committee is currently looking for a new members. Please send a message to SylvesterSchoolRedev@hanover-ma.gov, to learn more about the committee.