If you are applying for a new passport and have not previously done so, you will need to present your completed application along with all required documents, in person, to a Passport Acceptance Agent. If you are renewing a current or expired passport, please review the following information:
- A completed application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport), which may be completed and downloaded online, or obtained at the Town’s Passport Acceptance Office. Note: Please us black ink only and do not sign your application.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, which may be established with a previous U.S. Passport, Certified Birth Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization. Note: Photocopies of these documents are not acceptable. Documents submitted will be returned to you in a separate mailing from your U.S. Passport.
- Current proof of identity, which may be established with a current valid driver’s license (not temporary or learner permit licenses), military I.D. card, or State I.D. card. Additional information on proof of identity may be found at Travel.State.Gov.
- New Applications must be signed in the presence of a Passport Acceptance Agent.
- All Applicants, regardless of age, must appear before the Passport Acceptance Agent when filing an application.
Birth Certificate Requirements
Certified copies of birth certificates must include the following information to be used as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for a passport application:
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full name of applicant’s parents
- Raised, embossed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
The date the birth certificate was filed with the registrar’s office must be within one year of the date of birth. Birth certificates missing this information are not acceptable as evidence of citizenship. To obtain a new birth certificate, go to Where to Write for Vital Records on the National Center for Health Statistics website. You can also obtain information on VitalCheck.com