Based on recent Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) positive mosquito detections in the southeastern portion of the State, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) has raised the EEE risk level from ‘low’ to ‘moderate’. Though no positive mosquito samples have been found in Hanover, the DPH and the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) announced today that aerial spraying for mosquitoes will take place in specific areas of southeastern Massachusetts, including Hanover.
Spraying is expected to begin Thursday, August 8, 2019, and continue over several evenings.
For additional information, we encourage residents to visit the following sites for updated mosquito results, maps, and incidence of positive mosquito samples:
- Department of Public Health: Aerial Mosquito Control Summer 2019
- Massachusetts DPH Mosquito-borne Diseases
- Plymouth County Mosquito Control Project
- Hanover Health Department Mosquito Information
To learn more and for updates, view the following information:
- Aerial spraying: Contact MDAR Crop and Pest Services, 617-626-1700.
- EEE risk and aerial spraying: Contact the DPH Division of Epidemiology, 617-983-6800, or visit the DPH: Mosquito-borne Diseases.
- Mosquito control: Contact the State Reclamation and Mosquito Control Board within MDAR at 617-626-1777.