Article 33 of the 2018 Town Meeting appropriated $110,000 from the Town's Community Preservation Fund for the development of a multi-use recreational facility at B. Everett Hall Field to include two street/deck hockey rinks.
- The Town has contracted with Becker Arena Products to purchase dasher boards.
- A Site Plan was prepared for the proposed improvements.
- In the Spring of 2019, Merrill Engineers conducted soil sampling in the area of the proposed large rink.
- In October of 2019, the site was selectively cleared, graded, and the concrete pad for the rink has been poured.
- In December of 2019, poles were installed for on-site lighting.
- Finishing grade at rink perimeter to minimize trip hazards.
- Final site clean for winter prep.
- Install orange safety fence around perimeter for winter to deter curious residents
- Continue buy out of final tasks (seal coat , striping, board install, safety netting, etc.).