The Town of Hanover is excited to offer COVID-19 drive-thru PCR testing for all Hanover residents. Drive-thru testing is held at the Sylvester School building, located at 495 Hanover Street, daily from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Pre-registration is required. You must register by 6:00 AM the day of testing and you may register up to two weeks in advance. Your Hanover address will be verified upon arrival at the testing site.
Upon arrival, you will be checked in. Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time as traffic flow depends on not being too early or late. Testing will be conducted by drive-up appointment only. You will remain in your vehicle for the nasal swab test. All occupants of the vehicles must wear a face mask while at the testing site.
This testing is free of charge for residents of the Town of Hanover if you meet the following testing criteria as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- You have taken part in activities that put you at higher risk for COVID-19 because social distancing was not possible, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded settings.
- You have been asked or referred to get tested by your healthcare provider, or your local or state health department.
If any seniors need scheduling assistance, please contact Tammy Murray, at 781-924-1913.
When scheduling a COVID-19 test, keep in mind that testing too soon after exposure or contact may provide a negative result because the viral load is not sufficient enough to be picked up. It is recommended that you wait five days after exposure or contact before being tested.
Not everyone needs to be tested. If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
Proof of residency will be required at the time of testing. You must schedule an appointment prior to 5:00 AM on your desired testing day.
Results will be provided typically 24 to 36 hours after the test via secure email or by phone from a member of Hanover’s MIH team. Please be advised that under rare circumstances, results may take up to 36 hours to be provided. If you do not receive results, do not be alarmed, and please be patient.
- If you were tested as part of the Hanover Public Schools and are looking for results, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you were tested as part of the Community Testing Program and are looking for results, please send an email to email@example.com.
- When sending an email, please include your name, date of birth, and email address.
Please do not call the Hanover Fire Department or Hanover Emergency Communications Center for results, both agencies are unable to provide this information to you.