How Can I Become a Member?

To become a member of the Conservation Commission, a letter of interest can be sent to the Board of Selectmen and/or the Conservation Commission. At the time of a vacancy on the Commission, the Board of Selectmen will review candidate’s credentials and appoint a new member. As members of a Municipal Board, Commissioners are governed by the Mass. General Laws and the Town of Hanover By-Laws. No experience in necessary, but consideration should be given to the amount of volunteer time that is necessary for a regulatory board. This includes assignment to oversee particular projects and site inspections.