View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
Hanover Town Meeting Article Information
- Hanover Town Meeting Article 6 (as written in the Warrant for Special and Annual Town Meeting)
- Hanover Town Meeting Article 19 (as written in the Warrant for Special and Annual Town Meeting)
- Hanover Town Meeting Article 20 (as written in the Warrant for Special and Annual Town Meeting)
- Hanover Town Meeting Article 21 (as written in the Warrant for Special and Annual Town Meeting)
The Act in Brief
The Community Preservation Act (CPA) is a tool to help communities preserve open space, historic sites, create affordable housing, and recreational facilities. The Community Preservation Act is statewide enabling legislation to allow cities and towns to exercise control over local planning decisions. This legislation strengthens and empowers Massachusetts communities:
- All decisions are local.
- Local people must vote by ballot to adopt the Act.
- Local legislatures must appoint a committee of local people to draw up plans for use of the funds.
- These plans are subject to local comment and approval.
The Hanover General Bylaws, Section 4-19 provides further information about the Community Preservation Committee.
The Community Preservation Coalition has a wealth of information on the Community Preservation Act in Massachusetts.
|Ann Lee||Assistant Town Manager/HR Director||781-826-5000 ext 1033|