View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
Revisions, or additions, to the Town’s General Bylaws may be proposed by either Resident petition; or Town Boards, Commissions, Department Heads, or Officers. They appear as Town Meeting Articles – either at scheduled Annual or Special Town Meetings.
Though the Committee accepts proposals until the Board of Selectmen close the Town Meeting Warrant, we strongly encourage parties requesting either revisions, or additions, to do so at their earliest convenience. This insures our Committee’s ability to review, and provide guidance to sponsors, as well as comply with State Law and/or Town Bylaw.
Upon receipt of proposals, our Committee:
- Establishes contact with the proposal sponsor
- Reviews the proposal, and asks questions to clarify issues
- As required by State Law, holds a Public Hearing(s) to address Resident or Town concerns regarding the proposed change
- Makes a final recommendation
- Presents that recommendation to the Town’s Advisory Committee
- Presents recommendations at Town Meeting, as necessary.
In addition, the Committee annually reviews the Town’s General, and Sign Bylaws; recommends and sponsors changes, as necessary.
- Guidelines - Residents
- Guidelines - Town Boards, Dept. Heads
- Formatting - Bylaw Revisions or Additions
The Committee is committed to assisting in the review of such proposals. Please contact the current Chairperson with any questions that you may have.
|Michele Grenier||Town Planner||781-826-5000 ext 1016|