View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
The Building Department is responsible for ensuring that buildings are constructed and repaired safely and used properly. The Building Department issues building electrical and plumbing permits. These permits allow the construction, reconstruction, repair, alteration and demolition of buildings and structures as well as the installation of equipment. The Building Department enforces the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Building Code and the Hanover By-Laws. The Department is responsible for the uses and occupancy of all buildings, structures and land.
- A Building Inspector is usually available to meet with the public, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- The Electrical Inspector, Dan Condon, is available to do inspections, Monday through Friday, from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
- The Plumbing and Gas Inspector, Gary Young, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Please use ViewPermit to apply for all building, plumbing, gas, electric, and mechanical permits.
|Joseph Stack||Municipal Inspections Manager / Building Commissioner||781-826-5000 ext 1007|
|Suzanne Connelly||Executive Administrative Assistant||781-826-5000 ext 1009|
|Kerry Glass||Local Inspector||781-826-5000 ext 1010|
|Dan Condon||Electrical Inspector|
|Robert S. O'Rourke||Sealer of Weights & Measures|
|Gary Young||Plumbing & Gas Inspector|